Friday, April 11, 2008

Adult Nationals - First day of Championship Dance competition

This was the first day of Championship Dance competition, We did the Paso and Starlight.

Ten teams are in the event, Julie and I were thrilled to this this kind of turn out. We were also impressed with the level of skating which was really good from what we saw.

The first dance was the Paso, we did not think we skated the dance well. After thinking about it, I held back and was not driving and attacking. I thought I would just get through the 3 patterns, that's what happens when you don't own the ice it owns you.

The second dance we were determined to waltz it but also go for it. I think I was kind of mad at myself. We skated very well and were pleased with with we did. We got a lot of very good feedback eg "did not think you could get better", "It was the best dance I've seen you skate"

The final results of today are that we are currently in 1st place. We got mid to high 4's on our component marks and our best component mark is performance and execution. I did not see the GOE's that will be interesting.

Also, we got interviewed by Ice network kind of cool.

Check out IceNetwork
They have a picture of me taking a nap, great just when you think you have a moment to snooz.

You can see all the Adult Nationals 2008 results

No comments: